Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Fava and Edamame Salad

I did not have many fava beans in my last box as I split them with my friend. And I really didn't have many after I double peeled them. Fortunately, I had a bag of frozen Edamame in the freezer, and the two beans, while not quite similar in taste, look almost identical, so they made a pretty (and tasty) little salad. Well, I liked it, anyway.

Fava and Edamame Spring Salad

fava beans, boiled and shelled (I removed the outer and inner shells)
frozen, shelled edamame, thawed
diced red onion
lemon juice
olive oil
feta cheese
salt

I didn't give amounts because you'll have to figure out the right combination for your taste buds. Be careful with the onion; it can easily over pour the whole dish. Determine the amount of feta based on your feelings about the crumbly little cheese. You only need a splash of olive oil, and a bit more lemon juice. A touch of salt just finishes the whole thing off.

1 comment:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I don't even know what fava beans are. I am intrigued by this inner- and outer- shell business, though!

I love this idea for this blog, A. I've always loved watching you cook, and now I can read this and see it in my mind!

Bon appetite!