Wednesday, February 3, 2010

And We're Back...

I know, I know...it's been a LONG TIME since I've posted anything here. But I have a good excuse. Okay, like 14 good excuses. I had a baby and we moved out of my sister's house and into our new house that had no kitchen. (None, zip...we had completely gutted it. It didn't even have a floor). The last 9 months has been a labor of love by my husband (love for me, not the kitchen) as he put our kitchen together piece by piece. The refrigerator, the tile, the cabinets, the sinks...on and on. Finally, this past Sunday night, the remaining vital piece went in...the oven and stove. We rejoiced by making a batch of chocolate chip cookies...that hadn't happened in a while. And while I could have posted many recipes, especially over the summer while we were grilling EVERYTHING...and I do mean everything, I just couldn't do one extra thing like blog about it. But now, I feel motivated. My new beautiful range has brought back my love of finding new recipes, tweaking old ones, and writing them down so I can repeat it. Plus, I love my oven. It's a dream. And it has a blue interior. It just makes me smile. Even when the baby is screaming at me while I'm trying to get dinner on the table. Oh, my Elextrolux 30 inch Free Standing Gas Range...I love you. And I love my husband for installing it.

So I hope you'll join me again as I get back into this cooking thing. Not that I haven't been cooking over the last 9 months. I have. I should post about everything you can make in an electric fry pan...that is one of the most versatile little kitchen devices every created. I was kind of sad when I put it away the other day knowing I probably wouldn't use it again for a long while...but then I looked at my range and quickly got over it.

No comments: