Sunday, July 13, 2008

Peach Basil and Fresh Mozzarella Salad

I know, I know...it sounds really weird. But trust me-it's amazingly good. Shockingly good, really. And super simple. If you have an abundance of peaches and basil, this is the side dish for you.

I doubled the recipe I found on-line, so you may want to make a smaller batch. I'd say this makes 6-8 decent sized servings.

6 ripe peaches, cut into bite size pieces
1-2 cups basil, torn into pieces
8 oz fresh mozzarella, cubed
1-2 TBS olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 pepper

I didn't peel the peaches, but you could if you don't appreciate the fuzziness. Amounts certainly don't need to be exact. Just throw the ingredients together right before serving.

I don't know if this will keep well. We did not have any leftover, but I imagine that it would not stand the test of time in the fridge. I'd plan on only making as much as you think will be eaten.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Christina Klayko said...

My mother-in-law is growing an excess amount of basil in her garden. So I tried this recipe tonight and it was AMAZING! I will definitely make this again and add it to my collection.